Assisting Students, Scouts, and Citizens
The Champaign County Historical Society is a rich Educational Resource for Students, Teachers and Scouts.
- Support for Ohio's Elementary School History Strand Education Standards
- Support for Ohio's High School American History Strand Education Standards
- Historical thinking begins with a clear sense of time – past, present and future – and becomes more precise as students progress. Historical thinking includes skills such as locating, researching, analyzing and interpreting primary and secondary sources so that students can begin to understand the relationships among events and draw conclusions.
- Students apply skills by using a variety of resources to construct theses and support or refute contentions made by others. Alternative explanations of historical events are analyzed and questions of historical inevitability are explored.
- Historical Documents: Some documents in American history have considerable importance for the development of the nation. Students use historical thinking to examine key documents which form the basis for the United States of America